Thursday
Style and layout of cvs
A way of presenting yourself in a CV is to write in a passive manner without using ‘I’ or your name
Example
Keen to pursue a career in Training and currently conducting sessions at your institute. A work experience placement in “How to motivate your trainees and help them pave their way towards the future”.
Bulleted lists sound objective and clear, and can steer you away from the temptation to write a mini essay about yourself
.
.
Before
— In this post, I volunteered to provide IT training to colleagues in my department and others. I also did the induction training for new members of the team.
After
— Volunteered to provide IT training to administration colleagues and inducted new members into the team.
Use Positive Language
Before
— My duties included serving customers at the cafe. I had to handle cash and keep the area tidy. I had to work under pressure.
After
developed customer service skills
handled large sums of money; responsible for cashing up and balancing shift takings
worked under pressure during holiday periods
initiated happy hour promotion, resulting in 30 per cent increase in sales
supervisory responsibility for new temporary staff
written by
Steven R. Covey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment